Friday 8 December 2017

2017 Quite the year....

The year is just about over and what a year it has been.
 
I have been so thrilled with seeing my web site come into fruition. A dream I had for a few years , to self publish my own books and have on line classes. Well its worked , I am so thrilled with the response and the wonderful words of praise and encouragement. Students and books from all over the globe. You can not even imagine how special this is for me , to think others like my work and want to spend their precious time making their own version of my quilts. ahhhhhhhhhh... amazing Thank you.
 
I intend to do many more books and classes in this manner for 2018. So please keep an eye out. 
This all take lots of time and work but its happening...
 

Thank you BERNINA AUSTRALIA for your support and wonderful sewing machines in 2017 and 2018.

 

Thank you also to Victorian Textiles Matildas Own for your support.

 
Its been a big year, lots of travelling with teaching at some beautiful locations like, Darwin,
Alice Springs, Christchurch New Zealand ,  McLean , Mogo, and others.... Thank you to all the groups , retreats, shops and Guilds I have taught at this year. I have loved them all.
 
I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate this occasion.
With a  restful, peaceful holiday season with LOTS and LOTS of Sewing time for you.
 

A  HAPPY CREATIVE SEASON TO YOU 


Our Christmas tree

I love this time of the year. I love decorating the tree a tradition of My daughter Claire and I have , we choose the colour theme each year for the  decorations, wrappings, table setting etc.... I love the Christmas bush , just on the left hand side of this photo and on the right is a small xmas hanging which was a gift from a lovely quilter many many years ago. I love getting out the ornaments like our first Christmas together ornament that an aunty of Johns gave us, the ballerina ornament of Claire's , Sam's baby ornament form his first Christmas. I enjoy the cooking but most of all being with the very special people in my life. We have a growing family this year, a future Daughter in Law ( in May 2018 the wedding is ) and I'm a GREAT Aunty to Christian, an absolute angel , a blessing that's for sure.


Most of us are lucky enough to have family traditions , be it sentimental but I love it all.  I take this time to remember how blessed I am to have a loving family and wonderful friends, and a job that I love.

Enough of  all of  that .....

What's been happening....


My once a month classes have finished in Sydney for the year. Thank you to all of my students, you all worked so well during the year , you all inspire me to reach higher, in my skills to develope  new quilts and techniques. Thank you to Bernadette and Ian, Sharon,, Kathy and John, Rosemary and staff for your help during the year at your shops.

 In 2018 I have 11 once a month classes

these are at

My Sewing Supplies

Berry Quilt and Co

The stitchers Cupboard

Hobby Sew Kings Park

for more info please go to my web site for dates and shop details link below

www.deborahlouie.com.au


There is a full program on the web site of the travelling away workshop I have for 2018 as well. These I am keeping to only a few now, as I want to be home more to create more quilts.
 I have been a travelling tutor now for 17 years, WOW that's gone so fast and have a strong desire to be home more to create more work, develope as an quilt artist, for more workshops and books. If I keep up travelling so much I don't have new work , so no new classes etc.....
I am booking for 2019 now if your group or guild is interested please email me

deborah@deborahlouie.com.au


I have another terrific year planned but for now I will be staying close to home , sewing and swimming . As it is  Summer here in Australia for those living elsewhere it gets very hot..... I love to be sitting at my sewing machine  a BERNINA 770  upsatairs in my sewing space , small studio,  in my cossie with a sarong around and jump a dozen or so times into our pool to cool down then into the sewing again. Its my happy time.

I know you want to see photos of  some wonderful  work that has come out of this years once a month classes.
For privacy which I greatly respect  I will not mention names.  Unfortunately  I cant show them all.....

So here you go.....

I will say bye for now
Happy Quilting
and Cheers to a wonderful 2018.

X Deb





Add caption


















 
 
 




 

No comments: